Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ti 29er

Woohoo, its finally here. My new frame arrived today and it turned out awesome. I had Scott Quiring build me a custom titanium 29er hardtail. Here it is.

I'm still waiting on a few components before I can finish it so it will be a couple weeks before I can ride it. Here's what I have planned for it.
-White Brothers Magic 29 fork
-Industry Nine wheels laced to Stans Arch rims
-Thomson seatpost and stem
-Race Face Deus riser bar
-Truvativ Noir crankset
-SRAM X9 shifters and derailuers
-Avid BB7 disc brakes
-Maxxis Ignitor tires
I am really happy with the finish on it. Instead of paint he left it raw Ti and bead blasted the logo and flame etchings into it. It looks really cool and will be really durable as well. Now I would really like to take it up to BFB, borrow a workstand and start building it. Unfortunately duty calls though. I am off to Amsterdam Thursday for a couple days, followed by a couple days in Edinburgh, then a stop in London. It will be a busy trip, but should be fun. Plus I get to see my cousins Dave and Allison, who live in England. And as a bonus my other cousins Steve, Maria and their two boys Danielle and Matthew will be there as well.

No comments: