Sunday, January 20, 2008

Curling

For the past few years our friend Laura has organized curling for a group of us. She rents out the entire Detroit Curling Club, which has four sheets (think lanes at a bowling alley). Each sheet will have eight players, two teams of four. It was a great time, as always. I don't think it is a sport I would want to do regularly, but it is fun to do every once in a while and a great opportunity to get together with friends.
The key to the game is to slide the rock, which is around 30lbs, from one end of the sheet to the other end. The tricky part is getting it to stop in the circle on the other end. You only get points if it is in the center, and if someone from the other team gets one of their stones closer you don't get any points. We played for about two hours, which is just about right. At that point you are starting to get a little cold and tired of sliding around on the ice. It's something we look forward to every year. Click here to check out all our pictures.

3 comments:

AP said...

Hi Jason:
Looks like fun! I especially like the picture of you and Sergio with brooms in your hands -- perhaps you two could practice at home?!?
Allison

Brad said...

I've actually been there once, back in late '92 or early '93! The grandfather of my high school sweetheart was a member there.
Fun times, if I recall correctly. I think I made it through the evening without falling on my azz.

Maverick said...

Man, I love curling....but have never gone. We might have to set up a TSB goes Curling night for the off season! that would be awesome!